What you need to do before using:
- Use small amount of soap powder that is bleach free, softener free and enzyme free.
- Wash them 3 times in hot water before use. (Go through wash-dry-wash-dry-wash-dry cycle)
- After that you can follow the same washing instructions as for other diapers.
- For subsequent washing: use soap powder that is bleach free, softener free and enzyme free.
- You can use washing machine to wash, rinse and tumble dry too
Why do you need to do this?
- These natural fabrics contain lots of natural oils, so it will take several washings before they reach maximum absorbency.
- Hemp/Bamboo is very absorbent and will continue to get more absorbent with each washing.
- After the initial 3 washings, hemp can be washed in with your other diaper laundry.
- Hemp/bamboo inserts/ diapers don’t reach their full absorbency until their 12 wash!
- Obviously you can start using your inserts/diapers after just a couple of pre-washes but these inserts will get more absorbent over time.